IAFE - Young Professionals
Home > Get Involved > YPI
Young Professionals Initiative ☆
YPI Mission: "To provide a venue for young professionals to guide the future of the fair industry through leadership development, mentoring, incentives, education and idea sharing with the IAFE"
The IAFE's Young Professional's Initiative (YPI) is comprised of dozens of under-40 fair industry leaders who are passionate about the progression and growth of fairs for the future. In addition to providing professional development, networking and educational opportunities for its members, YPI serves as a channel for idea sharing and furthering relationships among fair leaders across the U.S. and Canada.
Since its beginnings in 2008, YPI has grown to more than 200 members who represent all eight IAFE zones, as well associate affiliation. YPI activities and programs include:
- Rising Star Award: The recognition of an outstanding young person leading the way in the IAFE will be awarded at the convention.
- Convention Scholarships: All IAFE Zones offer scholarships to help young professionals attend the Annual Convention & Trade Show.
- Fair Chatter: Fairs & Expos will often feature a YPI in this special section recognizing fair leaders.
- Mentoring program: YPIs are connected with IAFE leaders and veterans of the association through Convention activities.
- Social Activities: Many IAFE meetings – Convention, Zone, Conference, etc. – have special activities scheduled for YPIs.
YPI Steering Committee
The YPI Steering Committee exists to provide overall direction, dialogue with IAFE board and staff, and professional development and networking opportunities for the under-40 fair professionals group at large.
Testimonial: Join YPI
YPI Steering Committee members serve two-year terms and are responsible for:
- Participating in bi-monthly conference calls
- Assisting with planning YPI events at conventions and conferences
- Recruiting and encouraging new under-40 professionals to join YPI
- Attending YPI events at conventions and conferences
The YPI Steering Committee is continually looking for ways to grow the YPI group and make new connections. If you are a young fair leader or know someone who is, connect with YPI via Facebook by searching "Young Professionals Initiative-IAFE" or send contact information to the IAFE YPI Committee Chair Miranda Muir. The latest YPI news is also available at the YPI blog or the YPI Facebook page.
Full YPI Steering Committee Contact List:
Courtny Conkle, 2019 Chair
CEO, Lake County Fair (CA)
Phone: (707) 245-5633
Emily Grunewald, 2019 Vice Chair
Big Iron Exhibit Coordinator, Red River Valley Fair
Phone: (701) 282-2000
Maria Lucero, Zone 1 Representative
Erie County Fair
Nicole Jones, Zone 2 Representative
St. Lucie County Fair
Phone: (772) 464-2910
Mike Berkery, Zone 3 Representative
COO, Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center
Bethany Pomije, Zone 4 Representative
Commercial Vendor Coordinator, Wisconsin State Fair
Phone: (414) 266-7029
Jennifer Dunn, Zone 5 Representative
Linn County Fair Association (IA)
Phone: (319) 929-0300
Alexcia Jordan, Zone 7 Representative
General Manager, North Idaho State Fair
Phone: (208) 765-4969
Chris Garmon, Zone 8 Representative
Deputy Manager, Kern County Fair (CA)
Office: (661) 833-4900
Madison Kissel-Jonker, Associate Representative
Office: (513) 266-4505
Dennis Friebe, Associate Representative
Magic Entertainment Specialist
Phone: (503) 369-3452
Brianne Brower, IAFE Board Liasion
Sublet County Fair (Wyo.)