IAFE - Young Professionals
Home > Get Involved > YPI
Young Professionals Initiative ☆
YPI Mission: "To provide a venue for young professionals to guide the future of the fair industry through leadership development, mentoring, incentives, education and idea sharing with the IAFE"
The IAFE's Young Professional's Initiative (YPI) is comprised of dozens of under-40 fair industry leaders who are passionate about the progression and growth of fairs for the future. In addition to providing professional development, networking and educational opportunities for its members, YPI serves as a channel for idea sharing and furthering relationships among fair leaders across the U.S. and Canada.
Since its beginnings in 2008, YPI has grown to more than 150 members who represent all eight IAFE zones, as well associate affiliation. YPI activities and programs include:
- Rising Star Award: The recognition of an outstanding young person leading the way in the IAFE will be awarded at the convention.
- Convention Scholarships: All IAFE Zones offer scholarships to help young professionals attend the Annual Convention & Trade Show.
- Fair Chatter: Fairs & Expos will often feature a YPI in this special section recognizing fair leaders.
- Mentoring program: YPIs are connected with IAFE leaders and veterans of the association. Send requests for mentoring info to .
- Social Activities: Many IAFE meetings – Convention, Zone, Conference, etc. – have special activities scheduled for YPIs.
YPI Steering Committee
NOTICE: YPI Zone 8 is looking for an individual to complete the Zone 8 Representative term. The prior representative is still on the YPI committee, just moving into the Vice Chair position, leaving the remainder of the term open. The individual who would fill this vacancy would still be eligible to be appointed for a full two-year term if he or she was still YPI-eligible (i.e. under 40). To apply, fill out the application below.
The YPI Steering Committee exists to provide overall direction, dialogue with IAFE board and staff, and professional development and networking opportunities for the under-40 fair professionals group at large.
Testimonial: Join YPI
YPI Steering Committee members serve two-year terms and are responsible for:
- Participating in bi-monthly conference calls
- Assisting with planning YPI events at conventions and conferences
- Recruiting and encouraging new under-40 professionals to join YPI
- Attending YPI events at conventions and conferences
The YPI Steering Committee is continually looking for ways to grow the YPI group and make new connections. If you are a young fair leader or know someone who is, connect with YPI via Facebook by searching "Young Professionals Initiative-IAFE" or send contact information to the IAFE YPI Committee Chair Amanda Blair. The latest YPI news is also available at the YPI blog or the YPI Facebook page.
Full YPI Steering Committee Contact List:
Miranda Muir, 2018 Chair
General Manager, Kissimmee Valley Livestock Show & Osceola County Fair (FL)
Courtny Conkle, 2018 Vice Chair
CEO, Lake County Fair (CA)
Phone: (707) 245-5633
Maria Lucero, Zone 1 Representative
Erie County Fair
Laura Murek, Zone 2 Representative
Event and Sponsorship Coordinator, Montgomery County Agricultural Fair
Phone: (301) 926-3100 x201
Mike Berkery, Zone 3 Representative
COO, Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center
Phone: (317) 927-7500
Emily Grunewald, Zone 4 Representative
Big Iron Exhibit Coordinator, Red River Valley Fair
Phone: (701) 282-2000
Jennifer Dunn, Zone 5 Representative
President, Linn County Fair Association (IA)
Phone: (319) 929-3247
Lisa Rogers, Zone 6 Representative
Marketing Manager, Rogers County Fair
Phone: (918) 341-8688
Olivia Sanchez, Zone 7 Representative
Marketing & Sponsorship Coordinator, Laramie County Fair (WY)
Office: (307) 633-4670
Cari Dixon, Zone 8 Representative
Executive Department Manager, Washington State Fair
Office: (253) 845-1771
Madison Kissel, Associate Representative
Office: (513) 266-4505
Sara Novak, Associate Representative
Triangle Talent LLC
Brianne Brower, IAFE Board Liasion
Sublet County Fair (Wyo.)