IAFE - YPI Scholarships
Scholarships are available to individuals under the age of 40 involved at member fairs who would like to attend the annual IAFE Convention and Trade Show. Working with the IAFE Young Professionals Initiative (YPI) committee, IAFE zones provide scholarships to help cover the expenses of travel and accommodations to attend the convention. The IAFE provides complimentary attendee registration to each recipient. To qualify for a Zone YPI Scholarship, the delegate:
- Must be less than 40 years of age and more than 21 years of age by the first day of the IAFE Convention
- Must have never attended the IAFE Convention or have not been in three or more years.
- Must be from a Fair that is located in the respective zone (board member, staff members, or volunteer)
- Fair representing the nominee must be a current member of the International Association of Fairs and Expositions.
Scholarship opportunities vary within each zone. Scholarships will be awarded (up to the maximum amount as reimbursement for eligible travel/accommodation expense) as follows from these IAFE Zones:
- Zone 1: Three scholarships at $1,000 each
- Zone 2: Two scholarships at $1,000 each
- Zone 3: Four Scholarships at $600 each
- Zone 5: Two scholarships at $750 each
- Zone 6: Two scholarship at $500 each
- Zone 7: Two scholarships at $500 each
- Zone 8: Three scholarships at $500 each
Applications due by August 31
- Evidence of leadership and involvement
- Service to community and fair
- Outstanding character
- Written Essay
- Applications will be “blind” when delivered to the members of the scholarship selection committee, and will be given “blind judging.”
- Judging will be based on an individual score (each judge review each application individually and on its own merit, assigning a score to that individual application).