IAFE - Young Professionals
Home > Get Involved > YPI
Young Professionals Initiative ☆
YPI Mission: "To provide a venue for young professionals to guide the future of the fair industry through leadership development, mentoring, incentives, education and idea sharing with the IAFE"
The IAFE's Young Professional's Initiative (YPI) is comprised of dozens of under-40 fair industry leaders who are passionate about the progression and growth of fairs for the future. In addition to providing professional development, networking and educational opportunities for its members, YPI serves as a channel for idea sharing and furthering relationships among fair leaders across the U.S. and Canada.
Since its beginnings in 2008, YPI has grown to more than 150 members who represent all eight IAFE zones, as well associate affiliation. YPI activities and programs include:
- Rising Star Award: The recognition of an outstanding young person leading the way in the IAFE will be awarded at the convention.
- Convention Scholarships: All IAFE Zones offer scholarships to help young professionals attend the Annual Convention & Trade Show.
- Fair Chatter: Fairs & Expos will often feature a YPI in this special section recognizing fair leaders.
- Mentoring program: YPIs are connected with IAFE leaders and veterans of the association. Send requests for mentoring info to .
- Social Activities: Many IAFE meetings – Convention, Zone, Conference, etc. – have special activities scheduled for YPIs.
YPI Steering Committee
The YPI Steering Committee exists to provide overall direction, dialogue with IAFE board and staff, and professional development and networking opportunities for the under-40 fair professionals group at large.
Testimonial: Join YPI
YPI Steering Committee members serve two-year terms and are responsible for:
- Participating in bi-monthly conference calls
- Assisting with planning YPI events at conventions and conferences
- Recruiting and encouraging new under-40 professionals to join YPI
- Attending YPI events at conventions and conferences
The YPI Steering Committee is continually looking for ways to grow the YPI group and make new connections. If you are a young fair leader or know someone who is, connect with YPI via Facebook by searching "Young Professionals Initiative-IAFE" or send contact information to the IAFE YPI Committee Chair Amanda Blair. The latest YPI news is also available at the YPI blog or the YPI Facebook page.
IAFE Zone 7 members: The YPI is seeking a new Zone 7 Steering Committee Representative. Click here to apply.
Full YPI Steering Committee Contact List:
Chelsey Jungck, 2017 Chair
Events & Entertainment Director, Nebraska State Fair
Miranda Muir, 2017 Vice Chair
General Manager, Kissimmee Valley Livestock Show & Osceola County Fair (FL)
Justin Iwankow, Zone 1 Representative
Entertainment Coordinator, Erie County Fair
Laura Murek, Zone 2 Representative
Event and Sponsorship Coordinator, Montgomery County Agricultural Fair
Alicia Shoults, Zone 3 Representative
Marketing & Public Relations Director, Ohio State Fair
Office: (614) 644-4011
Emily Grunewald, Zone 4 Representative
Big Iron Exhibit Coordinator, Red River Valley Fair
Brittany Gillig, Zone 5 Representative
Ag Director/Foundation Director, Ozark Empire Fair (MO)
Office: (417) 833-2660
Lisa Rogers, Zone 6 Representative
Marketing Manager, Rogers County Fair
Grazi Appel, Zone 7 Representative
Event & Facilities Coordinator, Utah State Fair
Office: (801) 538-8441
Courtny Conkle, Zone 8 Representative
Exhibits Representative, Sonoma-Marin Fair (CA)
Andrew Vandepopulier, Associate Representative
Haas & Wilkerson Insurance
Office: (800) 821-7703
Sara Novak, Associate Representative
Triangle Talent LLC
Brianne Brower, IAFE Board Liasion
Sublet County Fair (Wyo.)