IAFE - Specialty Seminar
Photos from the 2017 Specialty Seminar
T3 Trade, Treats, & Traditions Specialty Seminar
Focus: Commercial Exhibits, Concessions, Competitive Exhibits
Feb. 9-10, 2018
Sheraton Tampa East Hotel
Early Bird Registration rates end on Jan. 5, 2018. The registration price will go up after that date.
Our host hotel is the Sheraton Tampa East Hotel with a room rate of $135 per night. The closest airport is the Tampa International Airport.
Thursday, Feb. 8
3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. -- Registration
Friday, Feb. 9
7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. -- Registration
9:00 a.m. -- Bus Departs for Florida State Fair
9:30 a.m. -- Fair Industry Appreciation Day
1:00 p.m. -- Depart fair
2:00 p.m. -- Workshops
6:00 p.m. -- Reception
7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. -- Dinner
Saturday, Feb. 10
7:30 a.m.-8:15 a.m. -- Breakfast and Round Tables
8:30 a.m. -- Workshops
12:00 Noon-1:15 p.m. -- Lunch and Round Tables
1:30 p.m. -- Workshops
6:00 p.m. -- Dinner
Come Early, Stay Late
There are a number of events to attend outside of the T3 Seminar. Come early and stay late for these great events.
- The Florida Federation of Fairs will hold the Fair Partners Shootout. This is a fun event where you can take aim and network with fair industry professionals. -- www.floridafairs.org.
- The 25th Annual NICA Meeting will be held Feb. 4-7 in Tampa, Fla. -- www.nicainc.org
- The Florida State Fair in Tampa will be held Feb. 8-19. -- www.floridastatefair.com
- The OABA Annual Meeting will be held Feb. 8. -- www.oaba.org
- The International Independent Showmen's Association Trade Show and Extravaganza will be held Feb. 6-9. -- www.gibtownshowmensclub.com
Past Handouts (search under the "Meeting Handout" category)
The Specialty Seminars feature a different focus in a three-year rotation. This event is perfect for the "specialist" at your fair, be it staff or volunteer, working in one of these three areas:
- 2018 - Trade, Treats, Traditions - concessions, commercial exhibits & competitive exhibits. Share ideas on best practices in booth layout, exhibitor selection, rules and management of the vendors. Learn about the latest in food trends. Get creative with new contests display techniques for things like quilts, photos, arts & crafts.
- 2019 - Tools of the Trade - agriculture, physical plant operations, and year-round facility usage. Designed for agricultural program and livestock show personnel as well as maintenance and operations staff. Features in‐depth discussions, presentations and networking galore.
- 2020 - Impact and Impressions - sponsorship and advertising/PR. Stay up to speed with this fast‐paced seminar focusing on marketing the fair and maximizing sponsorships.
For any questions, please contact Kate at .
Interested in attending? Here's what past attendees have said...
"There is not one Fair or person who stands up and says, “This is the right way.” Instead, we participate in conversations to learn what has and what has not worked at other fairs/events. The environment is accepting and people feel comfortable to share and to ask questions."
Jaime Parr, CFE, Nebraska State Fair