IAFE - Institute Course Descriptions
In order to receive credit for each course completed, enrollees will need to (a) submit an authorized "For Credit" form (these will be distributed at applicable sessions) and (b) complete an on-line test (a simple survey form) within the time specified for each course.
Once enrolled in the Institute you can expect to pay approximately $2,700 in "pay-as-you-go" course fees (i.e. Convention registration, Summit registration, CyberSeminars, etc.) plus travel expenses associated.
Once enrolled, you will receive additional instructions prior to each course. All courses are repeated in a cycle every two years.
To graduate from the Institute of Fair Management, you must complete all of the courses listed below within six years of enrollment.
Note: This list is valid through November 15, 2017.
- 001 - FEMA 100 On-line
- 002 - FEMA 200 On-line
- 003 - FEMA 700 On-line
- 004 - Trained Crowd Manager On-line
- 101 - Business Planning
- 102 - Financial Management I
- 202 - Financial Management II
- 103 - Human Resources I
- 203 - Human Resources II
- 104 - Board Governance
- 105 - Ethics
- 106 - Information Technology
- 107 - Government Relations
- 110 - Safety & Security
- 111 - Consumer Protection Program
- (E.coli) Workshop
- 112 - Emergency Planning
- 113 - Insurance
- 114 - Liability Issues
- 120 - Marketing/Advertising Basics
- 220 - Public & Media Relations
- 121 - Sponsorship I
- 221 - Sponsorship II
- 122 - Crisis Communications
- 129 - Agricultural Programming (Education/Public)
- 130 - Agricultural Programming (Competitive)
- 131 - Competitive Exhibits Programming
- 132 - The Carnival Midway
- 133 - Entertainment I
- 233 - Entertainment II
- 134 - Commercial Exhibits
- 140 - Guest Services
- 141 - Facility Management
- 142 - Food & Beverage
What are the FEMA and Trained Crowd Manager courses and how do I get credit?
These are independent study courses that you do at your own pace, in your own time on-line. The FEMA courses are free (if you are a non-US citizen please contact Marla Calico at the IAFE office to get the form required to take these) and the Trained Crowd Manager course costs $15. To access the TCM course, please go to this link: http://www.iaamtraining.com/. Upon completion of all these courses you are issued a certificate and you will need to copy it to send to the IAFE office to get credit.
These are courses are optional since not every fair manages their own facility for year-round usage.
- 300 - Event Management
- 302 - Facility Marketing & Sales
- 303 - Facility Contracts