Download the 2013 IAFE Convention App Now!
The 2013 IAFE Convention app is now available in the Apple and Android stores. This app contains all the convention information you'll need. Rid yourself of carrying around extra paper documents on the go. Powered by CrowdTorch by Cvent. It includes:
- Convention Schedule: Select which workshops you'll want to attend for one easy grouping. View where each item is located and what the topic is about.
- Speakers: Find out more information about our speakers, including detailed bio entries and their topic of choice.
- Hotel Map: Don't get lost with this detailed, high-res map of Paris and Bally's.
- Video Showcase: Check out the videos of some great musical and variety acts that are represented in the IAFE trade show.
- Exhibitors: Locate the booth number of exhibitors you need to visit. Search-by-aisle functionality and live links to exhibitor websites.
- News: Stay up-to-date with events that occur throughout the convention, including prize giveaways and snack handouts!
- Social Share: Sign in through Twitter or Facebook and share your convention memories. Remember to use the hashtag #IAFE2013
- Sponsors: View our sponsor list of the organizations that support the IAFE convention and trade show.
- Guest Information: Have questions? Check the guest information to see if it has already been answered.
To download our app, please visit your Apple or Android store (whichever device you own) and search "IAFE" to find our app. You can also follow the links above.
First Friends/Mentors/Volunteers Needed!
The 2013 IAFE Convention will again feature a Mentoring Program for first time Convention attendees. We want all first time attendees and new members to feel welcome, and we would like to encourage them to become involved in our association.
We are seeking volunteers to serve as mentors during the 2013 IAFE Convention. The small amount of time invested by a mentor will pay big dividends to a new member or first time attendee. Please see the form above for more information.
We are also seeking volunteers for the education area, the information booth, introduction supervisors, writers for articles in our Fairs & Expos magazine, and round table moderators. Signup today!
Network with Trade Show Exhibitors
Experience the "Network" of exhibitors providing the newest products, services, and entertainment for fairs, shows, and expositions at the Trade Show. Featuring over 300 exhibiting companies, the Trade Show will once again be the home to the Chair's Reception, the association's largest social event. Beginning at 5:30 P.M., the reception will provide attendees with a chance to enjoy an array of foods and beverages while networking with exhibitors.
The Trade Show Lounge will provide the perfect setting to catch up with fellow fair friends and enjoy a cold beer, compliments of J. Leinenkugel Brewing Company. The Trade Show Lounge will be located in the center of the Trade Show. The Trade Show hours will be 12:30 P.M.-5:30 P.M. on Tuesday, and 10:30 A.M.-2:30 P.M. on Wednesday. Be sure to support IAFE exhibitors and "shop 'til you drop!"
Don't want to wait until the convention? Catch a preview of what our talented exhibitors have to offer by visiting the exhibitor video showcase page, featuring YouTube clips of music and variety acts.
The deadline for all IAFE convention scholarships have passed. All scholarship recipients have been notified.
Attending the IAFE Convention and Trade Show for FREE sounds to be good to true, but it's not! Learn about the ways you can send a delegate for free above. Contact Marla Calico at 800.516.0313 if you have questions.
In addition to providing The Gift of Travel as an incentive to recruit members, Coca-Cola is once again offering scholarships to cover the registration fee for fair delegates who have not previously attended the IAFE Annual Convention and Trade Show. Complimentary Convention Registrations will be awarded for:
- New fairs joining as a new member between November 2, 2012, and November 1, 2013, receive 1 complimentary delegate registration to the IAFE Annual Convention and Trade Show.
- Fairs who are already a member, have less than 100,000 in attendance, and have not previously attended an Annual Convention, may apply for a limited number of complimentary delegate registrations available for existing members. (Eligibility requirements exist).
You may also apply for a complimentary registration if you are an IAFE member fair with annual attendance of less than 100,000 and have not sent a delegate to the Annual Convention in previous years (or since 2001). The deadline to apply for this type of complimentary registration has passed.